Morgan is here!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, Monday

So if anyone scrolls to the bottom of the page you will see this quote for the day which is sooo true and just thought I would post it up here as a reminder to anyone and to me as well....

When things go wrong, dont go with them
-Elvis Presley

Food for today
Breakfast: oats & chocolate bar, lemonade
Lunch: hamburger steak, mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn, oatmeal raisin cookie, water
Dinner: 1 1/2 slices of pepperoni pizza, salad (lettuce, wheat croutons, bacon bits, purple onion, lite caesar dressing)
Snack: 100 calorie carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Exercise: walk/run 2 miles (5 minutes run)

Me and hubby have started taking up running which is taking some time of course but we will get there. Im not sure exactly how far we ran Im just kind of guessing. Last night was our first night of running and we have this track and they have little trees and its a little further. So each night we add one more tree to our list until we get up one full run around the track which is .4 miles around it one time which we arent quite to half way point but we are working our way up there. Its so inspirational to me to be able to run. Last night when we ran I dont think either one of us thought we were going to make it as far as we did and all the sudden we looked back and ran a good bit and we kept cheering each other come on dont stop you can do it. We have been walking quite a bit but running is so different.

My cousin who was in the military and is a big time runner/athlete has given me several tips and if anyone wants them please let me know and Ill be happy to post them here or email them to you, your choice but several very good tips she has given us. The biggest one I dont think I even did was run on my toes, she stated you have to hit your heels first, not your toes or even mid foot.

So here is our journey to working up to running. Its something I have always wanted to do and Im doing it this time there is no turning back now so stay tuned to see how long it will take me to get to one mile!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've been contemplating really working at running myself. Last night at the gym I went for about 20 mins on the treadmill and I was surprised at how far and long I could go. I wasn't running fast by any means. Only about 4.8 miles an hour. But my legs are sore today! I forgot how much I love running, it gives you such a great high!

The Christmas Challenge starts officially on Friday so e-mail me your Christmas goal before Friday as I will be posting on Friday the official goals and challengers. (I know yuo are a FFriday Weigher but you can e-mail me your Christmas goal (how many lbs you want to lose)
Keep it up with the running! You are doing great!!

Cory said...

That's cool that you've taken up running. And running together will keep you going!
I would definitely be interested in any tips as I hope to get started running soon!

Carolyn said...

PS LOVE the new profile picture!! I haven't seen it because I always check your blog at work and it blocks some pics. Lookin good darlin!

Who's Visiting

Baby Pool!